“The word taco comes from the Nahuatl word ‘tlahco’ which means “half or in the middle”, referring to the way it is formed.
Delicious and historic, the taco forms part of the cultural and gastronomic diversity of Mexico. Whether it be an al pastor, carnitas, longaniza, cochinita, barbacoa, birria, carne asada, chicken, chile, nopal with cheese, grasshoppers, avocado, and many many more. The taco has an incredible variety that suits all kinds of tastes, and it is a heaven for those who can’t tolerate gluten.
The oldest table of nixtamal comes from the year 1,500 BC and was found in Soconusco, Chiapas. It is said that Moctezuma used the tortilla as a “spoon” to hold the food, which were prepared on hot stones and decorated with cochineal, beans and chili. While women used to send food to their men who worked long hours in the fields and could heat it and eat it half a day later, wrapped in tortillas.
Mexican cuisine has endless styles, flavors and colors; it is so extensive and multifaceted that it has been named as an “Intangible Heritage ofHumanity” by UNESCO. The Taco has become the symbol of Mexico’s cuisine.
Eating tacos is an art, “the art of eating with tortilla.” Any day is a good to enjoy them… and as that famous Mexican saying goes: “A taco is not denied to anyone”.
According to Vallartaeats.com
This t-shirt is everything you’ve dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It’s comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
Have a COUPON?
Add your t-shirt to the Cart and pay at the Check out page!