“Mashed corn wrapped in cornhusks and steamed.
The Humita is one of the oldest Chilean dishes, though there are some similar preparations in the Peruvian and Ecuadorian cooking. They are the consequence of the abundance of corn during the summer plus a little ingenuity and a lot of taste in a natural pack, using the very husks to wrap the corn pulp, onion, garlic and basil that give it its flavor and its contagious joy. The humita used to be served with sugar sprinkled on it or otherwise with fresh tomatoes from the plant and not only as lunch, but also at mid-afternoon, together with Chancho en piedra or at tea time, or even as supper in the evening. At any time, humitas is welcomed on the tables of Central Chile homes.”
According to Trekkingchile.com
This t-shirt is everything you’ve dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It’s comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
Have a COUPON?
Add your t-shirt to the Cart and pay at the Check out page!